CH. 37 DISCIPLINE, LAW, ORDER, AND PEIMS LAWS
- TASB Bill Summaries for the 85th legislature
- TEA Legislative Briefing Book for 85th Legislature
- SB 107- §37.0012 Campus Behavior Coordinators -Each campus must have a staff person designated as the Campus Behavior Coordinator. They are required to promptly notify a student's parent or guardian if the student is placed into in-school or out-of-school suspension, placed in a disciplinary alternative education program, expelled, or placed in a juvenile justice alternative education program. They shall provide notice of the right to transfer due to bullying, harassment, or being a victim of a violent criminal act.
- H.B. No. 1952- §37.0181 Administrators Discipline Training -Each principal or other appropriate administrator who oversees student discipline shall, at least once every three school years, attend professional development training regarding this sub-chapter.
- Dear Colleague letter- Administering student discipline without discriminating -Dear Colleague letter Guidance letter prepared with our partners at the U.S. Department of Justice describing how schools can meet their obligations under federal law to administer student discipline without discriminating on the basis of race, color, or national origin.